Okay, so I am *slowly* starting to get some work done on projects.
KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE BD – version 2
– I have 2 different caps direct from the LD. The LDs still suffer from hum, surface noise, clicks, pops (it is the analog mono track), but this is being fussy. Compared to the previous version, these are magnitudes better. I took the cleaner copy and cleaned it up more (eclick, pop removal, removed static and hum as best as I could without making it all sound tinny and adding unwanted transients and removing stuff I wanted, and other crap). Strange issues with the Music + Effects (M+E) track slipping and sliding early or late compared to the Japanese track, though I am kind of getting used to weird crap like this. Not much I can do about most of this. I made a few cuts/splices with added or removed delay, but most of this film has music, or really quiet ambint noise that would sound really terrible with silence cut in. Most of the sfx shouldn’t be noticeably off, it is usually 100 ms or less (many people don’;t bother syncing past 4-5 frames or 150 ms, in general… I am just more fastidious).
– I have a Ukranian dub. It is a fan-dub, but apparently has some TV pros working on it too. Dedicated In memory of Nikolai Alekseevich Lukasz. Translation and dubbing performed by “Three Dots.” This will be added, but it has some syncing issues that simple cutting and splicing with delays won’t completely fix. Not sure I want to get into transcoding it to wav to break into a million pieces to time stretch small bits diff amounts. All the HD rips out there have it as-is. I am just anal, I guess. Possibly I wil get a dubsub made from this, for Ukrainians to watch with, as I know of no actual Ukr subs. I suppose some other cyrillic subs may also be helpful, but I can’t edit these myself.
– found better sources (from the DVDs) for a few audio tracks.
– looking for more subs and things to add, so long as the subs are cleaned up (no misspellings or ocr errors, no grammatical nonsense, and other crap), Must be synced to the BD, and otherwise not a screwed up mess. I cannot edit other language’s subs! Contact me if you have good subs to add. If you need a workraw to sync subs, let me know.
– I am redoing the dub sync from scratch. major issues due to a) Funimation truncating the tail off some audio at their chapter points, and b) having to cut AC3 files on AC3 packet boundaries (if I want to sync all these bits to one whole without transcoding audio at all).. These 2 issues together make me required to cut at the chapter point to add in delay, but trimming at the exact spot between audio in one chapter and the next is freaking impossible. Cutting at the AC3 boundaries creates a pause (stutter) either at the end of the previous chapter point or at the start of the next chapter’s audio. I have to fake it by adding unwanted delays at other points before and then re-try and other malarkey.
LUPIN III VS THE CLONE (AKA, MYSTERY OF MAMO, AKA THE SECRET OF MAMO)
– I originally planned to do the full Blu-Ray with subs and all the dubs thing myself, but it looks like AkaiShuichi is taking over a good chunk of the audio syncing, will sync subs. I am working on the Geneon 2.0 mix from the DiscoTek DVD. (edit: I may not even be doing that).
Some other projects going on,too.